Oops! NASA Loses All 200,000 Video Tapes from Apollo 11. What Are the Odds?

Flat-Earth-Memes-196-9

Oops! NASA Loses All 200,000 Tapes from Apollo 11. What Are the Odds?

(all video feeds for the faked landing came into NASA before being released to ABC, CBS, and NBC as well as the BBC for world-wide distribution.  It would of been very very easy to fake the footage.)
In other Apollo 11 anniversary news, partially restored versions of the compressed signal sent to Mission Control in Houston from three ground receiving stations in California and Australia were released on Friday.

The video was not the fabled “lost” moon tapes some had hoped for — those tapes of the high quality raw feeded were apparently taped over on accident.  In the 1970s and 1980s NASA had a shortage of tapes due to lack of budget and taped over approximately 200,000 of its tapes — the high-quality footage was apparently among those lost.  The newly released footage does add more details than the existing videos, such as Neil Armstrong’s face visor, too blurry to be seen in the original video.  A reflection can be seen in the visor.

The restoration is costing $230,000 and the released footage represents 40 percent of the final project.  Perhaps to silence would-be moon landing conspiracy theorists, NASA senior engineer Dick Nafzger, who’s in charge of the restoration project remarked, “There’s nothing being created; there’s nothing being manufactured.”

Sidebar:

Computer Crash Wipes Out Years of Air Force Investigation Records

June 15th, 2016 The U.S. Air Force has lost records concerning 100,000 investigations into everything from workplace disputes to fraud.

A database that hosts files from the Air Force’s inspector general and legislative liaison divisions became corrupted last month, destroying data created between 2004 and now, service officials said. Neither the Air Force nor Lockheed Martin, the defense firm that runs the database, could say why it became corrupted or whether they’ll be able to recover the information.

Lockheed tried to recover the information for two weeks before notifying the Air Force, according to a service statement.

The Air Force has begun asking for assistance from cybersecurity professionals at the Pentagon as well as from private contractors.

“We’ve kind of exhausted everything we can to recover within [the Air Force] and now we’re going to outside experts to see if they can help,” said Ann Stefanek, an Air Force spokeswoman at the Pentagon.

For now, Air Force officials don’t believe the crash was caused intentionally

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: