BACKGROUND OF INVENTIONThis invention relates to electromagnetic wave transmitters, and more particularly, to a transmitter for producing an output signal which simulates an orbiting GPS (Gobal Positioning System) satellite.
The present invention will have many application and should, therefore, not be limited to those disclosed herein and in the drawings. However, the invention has been found to be especially useful when employed in connection with a test transmitter for GPS receivers.
In the past, test transmitters for GPS receivers have been employed to provide data and equivalent doppler frequency for GPS receivers. Test transmitters for GPS receivers have been used as a method to reduce the cost associated with field tests. Unfortunately, such systems have been relatively complicated, and thus too expensive for practical commercial purposes.
Accordingly, it is a principle object of the present invention to provide a relatively low cost GPS test transmitter while retaining high performance capability.
SUMMARY OF INVENTIONBriefly, the present invention provides a new and improved apparatus for testing GPS receivers by simulating the signal and the equivalent doppler frequency of an orbiting satellite. The test transmitter apparatus includes a computer which contains all the simulated mission maneuvers and orbit parameters of the satellites, a monitor for indicating the parameters of the apparatus, a keyboard for manual operation of the apparatus, and a signal generator that receives and decodes the information from the computer to emulate the appropriate satellites.
US 5093800 A
Note How all Undersea Cables only Travel East and West. Hmm. Deep undersea cables relaying 95% of world communications. That leaves 5% for Cell Phone Towers!!! Additionally the report, written by David Sanger and Eric Schmidt, outlined the fact that these “vital undersea cables” actually carry “95 percent” of our daily Internet communications worldwide allowing …
~ Hat Tip to Modern Gnostic http://www.themoderngnostic.com/?page_id=55474 Satellites Don’t Exist Arthur C. Clarke The origins of satellites came from the mind of famous science-fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke. He wrote The 1945 Proposal by Arthur C. Clarke for Geostationary Satellite Communications. Arthur C. Clarke was a high level Freemason as well as a homosexual and self-professed pedophile, throw in satanism …